“I like fishing. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.”
Staying at my mom’s house is great because she always has the best snacks… Like a giant pack of strawberries and Old Bay seasoned popcorn.
I’ve said it before but now I really mean it. Six years total, three spent at Towson dealing with idiots who think they know more about your job than you do and can’t follow the simplest instructions.
I want to do something that means something, that actually contributes something to the world and isn’t a waste of my life.
It’s so hard to fake being nice I literally can’t do it anymore. Today a girl came with her mom to buy a parking permit. I give the application to the girl to fill out. The mom says she will fill it out. I say the girl has to fill it out because it’s being sold to her and all her info will be on the form… The mom refuses to listen and fills it out anyway. I’m in disbelief and I sit there saying “What is going on right now? I don’t understand” and laughed with my coworker. I guess the mom ignored me. But your daughter is a sophomore in college, she can write down her name and address on a form!!!!!!
The 400 wealthiest families in the U.S. aren’t just filthy rich, they are downright dirty. Collectively, these households own $1.37 trillion dollars; a number so high that it’s nearly impossible to comprehend. Here are 11 shocking things $1.37 trillion can buy that you can’t.
- The richest 400 households can pay off every student loan for every single student in the entire United States. No more paying for an education, so that you can get a good job so that you can… well, pay off your education.
- The richest 400 could pay your rent, and the rent of every single renter in the entire United States for three years.
- The richest 400 could pay the mortgages of every house in the whole country for 14 full months.
- The richest 400 households can buy every single house that was foreclosed on in 2007 and 2008.
- The richest 400 households could pay the annual salaries of 19 million families for one year. So go ahead, take that year-long, family vacation around the world you’ve always dreamed of.
- The richest 400 can pay off all credit card debt for every single person in the entire United States. Imagine that! No more credit card debt looming over your shoulders!
- The richest 400 households can afford to give a $10,000 bonus to every single worker in the entire country. What would a hardworking person like you do with that extra money?
- The richest 400 can afford to buy a new car for every family in the United States. Meanwhile, many of us must ignore the flashing check engine light.
- The richest 400 can pay for 3 ½ years worth of gas for every driver in the country.
- The richest 400 households can afford to triple the number of teachers in the United States, then give every single one a $30,000 raise. Teachers are being laid off everywhere, their salaries are being cut, and they are suffering. Teacher-to-student ratios in schools are abysmal. But what can we do about it when so much wealth is in the pockets of so few families?
- The richest 400 families alone could replace 70% of all money lost in the Great Recession, for everyone! How much money did you, your parents, or grandparents lose in the Great Recession of 2008? 30%, 50% of your portfolio? Not only do the rich still have enough money to fund their wildest dreams, but they can also fund your retirements.
The old “well, they earned it so they deserve it” capitalistic adage no longer really applies to much of the extraordinarily wealthy in this country (not that many of them personally did earn their money - most likely their long dead relatives did). It’s especially no longer true when you take into consideration the fact that most of them have people that are exceptionally talented at hiding their money from domestic taxation.
I believe capitalism is the best system out there, but it needs to be restrained and have limitations. This sort of concentration of wealth isn’t healthy for a country or its people. It’s appalling.
This is disgusting. I hate this country so much sometimes.
Jesus fucking christ, give me the addresses of these people so they can pay off my school loans. It’ll be like finding some pennies in the couch and putting them in the “leave a penny” tray for them! It’s not that much! :(
Almost definitely a must read?
if anyone knows how to get through the awkwardness of puberty and turn out awesome (and hott) it’s Neville Longbottom.
Wow, no kidding… dude got hot
Tumblr is depressing to look at sometimes. It’s depressing for me to read people post/reblog things about how they think they suck or don’t think anyone will ever love them… really though? I assume most of these people are over the age of 18… I think it’s time to start loving yourself.
SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME!
If you really need an unnecessary comma to tell you that no one puts orange juice on their toast then you have bigger issues than the loss of the Oxford Comma.